84″ Seeder | 1 Large Seed Box (8.25bu)-1 Legume Seed Box (2-1/8bu)-1 Fert. Box (8.25bu) | CAT 1-3 | HP 60
The Greenscape Conservation Seeder represents a totally new concept in seeding. Being neither a grain drill nor a PTO driven seeder, the Greenscape effectively prepares the soil, drops and lightly covers the seed, and firmly presses the soil for a perfectly prepared seedbed. It is designed to achieve a perfect pattern across the working width of the machine; no row effect as with drills or knife type overseeders. This machine will seed into all conditions, including primary seeding into prepared ground or overseeding into existing vegetation. Best of all, it’s all ground driven – no PTO shafts or gearboxes to maintain, and requires only a 30 horsepower tractor to operate. When equipped with the optional precision small seed boxes, the Greenscape will plant virtually any type or size seed at any rate that you desire. Available in 60″ & 84 ”
Typical Users Include
• Landscape Contractors – seeding, overseeding lawns
• Landowners/Farmers – grassed waterways, field borders, wetlands
• Dept. of Transportation – roadside seeding and overseeding, wildflower programs
• Sportsmen/Hunters – wildlife food plots
• Livestock/Horse owners – pasture seeding and overseeding
• Developers – erosion control projects
• Utility Contractors – pipeline seeding
• Golf Courses – seeding, maintaining fairways, borders, rough areas
• Park/Recreation Dept. – seeding grass areas, athletic fields
• National Wildlife Refuges – establishing wildlife habitat
• Park Services – land reclamation projects
• Forest Service – seeding roads, fire lanes, logging roads
• Vineyards/Orchards – between row seeding of cover crop
Typical Machine Uses Include
• Initial grass seeding for new lawns, pastures, field borders and ditchbanks
• Overseeding lawns, pastures, etc.
• Aerating grass areas
• Final seedbed preparation on bare ground
• Repairing bare spots on turf farms, waterways, etc.
• Seeding wildlife food plots and soil – water conservation areas
• Highway roadsides and right-of-ways and DOT wildflower program
• Golf course areas
• Heavy tubular frame construction
• All ground driven, no PTO shaft or gearbox to maintain
• Precise seed metering cups with individual clean out gates
• Perfect pattern across full width of working area – no row effect as with PTO driven, knife type machines or sod drills
• Rear roller packer rings to firm and smooth seedbed
• Water tight seedbox with agitator shaft – calibration chart and seeding rate chart
• Driven spiked rollers crumble soil just enough for perfect seed-to-soil contact
• Exclusive Torque Arm – keeps constant adjustable down pressure on rear cultipacker
• High Ground Speed – up to 7 MPH
• Full Width Broadcast Coverage – NO ROW EFFECT
• Quick Hitch Compatible Reinforced Three-Point (Cat. 1,2, & 3)
• Large Grass seed box for Fescue, Rye, KY-31
• Small seed Legume Box for Centipede, Clover, Bermuda, etc.
• Native Seed box with picker wheel for Little Blue Stem, Indian Grass, etc
• Stainless Steel Fertilizer hopper to apply fertilizer and seeds with one pass.
Legume Seebox (Small Hopper)
All small round types seeds that flow easily and are generally plantly at a fairly low rate, typically from as low as 3 lbs. per acre to about 65 lbs. per acre. This would include all clover, alfalfa, brassicas and many flowers that have seed counts from about 100,000 seeds/lb to well over 7,000,000 seeds/lb. The seed size diameter would be from about 3/16″ (5 mm) to as small as 1/128″ (0.019 mm).
All cereal grains, rye, wheat, oats barley and rice. Any seeds that are irregular shaped (elongated, rice shape) but still flow easily should be planted with this box. Most cool season grasses, such as fescue, ryegrass and bluegrass would be planted with this box. All types of beans, peas, corn and sunflowers can be planted with this box. Seed sizes would be from about 3/8″ (9.5 mm) elongated up to about 3/8″ (9.5 mm) diameter round. Seeding rates are typically from about 25 lbs. per acre to 400 lbs. per acre.
Native Grass Seedbox
Any seed that does not flow well because of chaff, beards, trash, etc should be planted in this box. This includes many annual and perennial warm season native grasses that are very light and fluffy. Any seed type that will not flow easily through your fingers when held apart would need to go in this box. Seeding rates typically are from 8 to 100 lbs. per acre.
|GSC-004||Cast Iron Rings – 840 Model|
|GSC-005||Rear Roller Scraper – 840 Model
Does not come with attaching hardware
|GSSB100705||U-bolt for Roller Scraper
|GSSB500132||Nut for Roller Scraper
|GSC-016||Road Light Kit – All Models|
|GSC-017||84″ Floating Front Double Pulverizer Bar|
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE SETUP OR SHIPPING – PRICED FOB FACTORY