Tar River 70″ Drill | CAT I/II | 10 Seed & Fertilizer Cups | 7″ Spacing | 20 HP Min | 3/4″-2″ Working Depth
*Will Not Plant Native Grasses
*PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE SETUP OR SHIPPING – PRICED FOB BV DENVER, CO
Tar River DRL Series Drills
The DRL comes with adjustable disc heads to quickly seed grass, corn, beans, oats, & more. The seeder comes equipped with two stainless steel boxes with closeable slides for each row. Each is made with a stainless steel box and nylon/plastic seed rollers to disperse seeds effectively and accurately. Apply fertilizer to each row while planting. The DRL is designed to be a secondary tillage tool. Ground conditions need to be disced or tilled prior to use.
- 7″ Spacing
- Spring Loaded Double Disc Opener
- Disc Scrapers
- Divided Stainless Steel Hopper
- Standard Seed / Fertilizer Seed-Cups On Front & Rear
- Full Width Cage Roller
- Compaction Scrapers
- Rear Roller
- The double disc coulters create an opening to fertilize and seed easily in tilled soil.
- The depth of seeding can be adjusted. Seeding quantity can be adjusted.
- The seeder can plant seeds, fertilize, roll and drag all at the same time.
Before Beginning Work
- Be sure all the seed cups completely close and open the same, so all cups are putting out the exact amount of seed. If they are not in sync, one cup will put out more than others.
- Ensure when completely closed, the seeding gears are not protruding from the outside the cup.
- Adjust the clamps to ensure all cups close and open completely and uniformly.
DRL Seed Cups
The Seed cups on the DRL may come with either of two different style of seed cups or a combination of both. Typically the front Seed box section is equipped with a “Large Seed Cup” and the rear section typically has the Legume Seed Cup.
The Large Seed front section is usually driven with an 11-26 Gear ratio, while the back Legume Seed section is being reduced to put out less with a 12-40 Gear Ratio.
Seeding/Fertilizing Rate Adjustment Handle
To adjust the fertilizer rate, you will need to adjust hand wheels (on each side of hopper).The seed/fertilize rate depends on the seed/fertilizer you want to plant, please refer to your seed/ fertilizer supplier’s chart to get the proper seed/fertilize rate.
Before adjusting the seed rate, return the rate on the Scale to zero by rotating the hand wheel, then check and make sure all seeding/fertilizing wheels are fully closed on all seeding/ fertilizing boxes. If not, you need to loosen the clips on both sides of the seeding/fertilizing wheel and push the wheel into the box. Tighten the clips. When the seeding/fertilizing box is closed and the meter indicates “0”. Adjust fertilizing rate by rotating the hand wheel. The meter has 8 numbers from 0-8, from zero to Maximum. Weight, size, relative humidity, and moisture content can affect seeding rates. Users can adjust the position of the seed/fertilizer “Tongue” and lock in different positions by moving the cotter pin to meet the different seeding/fertilizing size. The smaller the seed, the higher up the Tongue should be positioned. For larger seed, the “Tongue” should be opened more.
Seed Depth – Rear Roller
- The depth in which the application is done is controlled by adjusting the basket located near of the machine. Adjusting the “Sowing depth control device “ as follows:
- Turning knob counter-clockwise will make the basket drop which in turn will raise the disc openers and lessen the depth of the application. Turning the knob clockwise would raise the basket which would lower the disc openers and make the application deeper.
- The top link on the tractor should be properly adjusted to carry the machine level in an operating position. During operation, the tractor lift must be fully lowered to allow the machine to follow the contour of the ground.
- The machine is totally ground driven so proceed with a speed that is most comfortable and safe for existing conditions. Be sure to stop forward motion before lifting machine off ground. This practice will stop rollers from “free spinning” and therefore eliminate the unwanted application when turning around.