Tar River 6’9″ Drum Mower With Hyd Lift | CAT II & III | 65 Min HP | 4 Blades Per Drum
*PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE SETUP OR SHIPPING – PRICED FOB BV ATWOOD, KS
Tar River Drum Mowers
With very few moving parts, low maintenance and a heavy built frame, the Tar River Drum Mower is a great economic alternative to the Disc and Sicklebar Mowers while still giving a good cut. The BDR Series Drum Mower can mow at high speeds and offer reliable mowing in all conditions, easily cutting through tall and thick grasses. Available in 4 popular sizes, Tar River Implements has a perfect fit for your small hay operation.
Benefits Of Using A Tar River Drum Mower
– Mow at High Speeds
– No Hydraulics Necessary (unless using Hydraulic Conversion Kit)
– Few Moving Parts & Easy Maintenance
– Great Alternative to Disc & Sicklebar Mowers for Small Hay Producers
– Easily Cuts Through Tall & Thick Grass
– Designed for Reliable Mowing in All Conditions
– Heavy Duty A-Frame
– Compensation Spring “Break-Away” System
– High Blade Tip Speed for Smooth, Fast Cutting Efficiency
– Easy & Quick Blade Change
– 4 V-Belts & 3 Blades Per Drum*
*BDR-135 comes with 3 V-Belts & 2 Blades per Drum
*BDR-210 comes with 4 V-Belts & 4 Blades per Drum
Adjusting The Height Of Cut
Each unit comes with a 8mm standard height spacer ring which gives the unit a standard cut height of 40mm. You may add, subtract, or substitute spacers to achieve your desired height of cut. Cut heights must stay between 32mm – 48mm.
To adjust the cutting height, the following must be done:
- Position the mower to the transport position and lift it to the upper position.
- Set the tractor’s handbrake and disengage the tractor’s engine.
- Secure the mower from falling with a chain and an additional support placed under one of the stump jumper disks.
- Unscrew the bolts M12x25 (Position 1 in Drawing 3) and disassemble the stump jumper (Position 2 in Drawing 3).
- Unscrew the resistance disc bolts (Position 3 in Drawing 3) M12x30 and take it off.
- Adjust the cut height and assemble it in the reversed order.
- Perform the adjustment in the other stump jumper disc repositioning the support.